GPU-32 “Ladoga” is a key link in the strategic program of reconstruction of the Russian gas transmission system. This is a new high-efficient unit designed for the Russian market on the basis of the MS5002 base gas turbine family which has been successfully operating at many compressor stations in Russia, and the total operating time all over the world today is more than 16 million hours.
"REP Holding" produces a high-technology gas–pumping unit “Ladoga-32” for operating conditions of any degree of complexity, remarkable in its high efficiency (36 %), low emissions and prolonged service life.
GPU-32 “Ladoga” in the packaging shop on the site of Nevskiy Zavod
Production and assembly of GPU-32 “Ladoga” is performed at the production facilities of Nevskiy Zavod under the license of and in coоperation with GE Oil & Gas.
The unit “Ladoga-32” is designed for transmission of natural gas via the gas-main pipelines.
•technologically perfect product for
transmission of natural gas under
a pressure of 120 atmospheres;
•low level of harmful emissions
meeting the up-to-date environmental
•high reliability and operational
•gas turbine unit MS5002E rated
at 32 MW:
−auxiliary base plate
of the MS5002E GTU;
−heat–and–noise insulating enclosure
of the MS5002E auxiliary
base plate ;
−heat–and–noise insulating enclosure
of the MS5002E gas turbine
•natural gas compressor 400-21-1С;
•integrated automatic control system;
•power supply system;
•instrumentation (control and measuring
MS5002E is a high — technology turbine produced by CJSC “REPH” rated at 32 MW under the license of GE Oil & Gas (Nuovo Pignone S.p.A.).this is a new generation machine, for operating conditions of any degree of complexity.
- as part of gas–pumping units at compressor stations of gas-main pipelines ;
- as part of combined–cycle gas turbines at Combined Heat andPower Plants and Central Heating and Power Plants;
- in ship–building as the main propulsion plant for ships and vessels.
- nominal power — 32 MW;
- high efficiency — 36 %;
- improved environmental measures, low level of emissions (NOx=18ppm);
- long service life, high level of reparability;
- MS5002E is a multipurpose turbine.
1 — MS5002E turbo-unit on its own base plate
2 — Auxiliary base plate with all the GTU operation support systems mounted on it: starting system, oil supply system and fuel system
3 — Heat–and–noise insulating enclosure of the GTU
4 — Heat–and–noise insulating enclosure of the auxiliary base plate
Designed to arrange the MS5002E auxiliary equipment: oil supply system, fuel supply system and starting system.
A welded structure with the GTU auxiliary equipment mounted on it. The auxiliary base plate is at the same time a tank to store oil, is provided with heat–and–noise insulation.
Reduction of noise level, thermal insulation and protection of the MS5002E GTU auxiliary base plate against the weather conditions impact.
- temperature range from -55 to +35 °С;
- maximum temperature inside the enclosure +100 °С;
- maximum temperature on the surface of the panels +60 °С.
The turbine and the auxiliary base plate are supplied in the noise — protective ventilated enclosures. The enclosure is equipped with its own fire–fighting and leakage detection system.
The exhaust system has been developed with consideration for using an off–gas utilizer.
Compressor of 400-21-1С is a part of the gas pumping unit with the capacity of 32 MW and used for the compression and the movement of gas via the gas–main pipelines. The basic variant of the compressor — 400-21 1C is designed for operation on gas–main pipelines with working pressure of 11,86 MPa. Superchargers 400СПЧ1,44/76-32S and 400СПЧ1, 38/76-32C are intended for operation on gas-main pipelines with working pressure of 7,45 MPa..
- efficiency no lower than 0.85;
- pressure ratio 1.44;
- capacity referred to the initial conditions 505m³ rpm;
- design speed of the compressor rotor 5550 rpm..
Compressors 400-21-1С, 400СПЧ1, 44/76-32С and 400СПЧ1, 38/76- 32С are fully unified in their casings,running gears and drive coupling.Compressors are made centrifugal, two–stage with «dry» seals and oil bearings.
The 400-21-1С base compressor is equipped with a flow passage with vaned diffusers, compessors 400СПЧ1,4 4/76-32С and 400СПЧ1, 38/76-32С have flow passages with vaneless diffusers. All the compressors are supplied with gas dynamic seals made by “John Crane Iskra”.
- application of flow passages differing in their geometry, which provides the gas flow and gas compression values required by the Customer;
- application of forged casings providing working capacity of the unit at the larger end of the pressure, and having a better resource.
Technical characteristics Natural Gas Compressor of 400-21-1С
Domestic high-efficiency integrated control system MSKU-5000 for gaspumping units based on innovative engineering concepts. Structurally the integrated control system is arranged in two containerized units: electrical unit and ACS unit.
- integrated multiprocessing control system;
- low-voltage factory-assembled distribution and control equipment;
- GTU ACS (MSKU 5000-01 or MARK–VI);
- GTU low–voltage switchgear (РУ-207 or MS5002E);
- GPU group control panel consisting of:
standby control panel (from the GPU integrated control system) — one for a GPU;
operator’s workstation — one for two GPU;
−complete set of network equipment;
−complete set of service equipment СО-02;
- provides complete automation of the unit and compressor workshop operation with a possibility to switch over to minimally manned operation;
- provides constant maintenance of the maximum efficient operating modes of the unit;
- increases the service life of the GPU;
- increases the scheduled interval of the GPU operation;
- provides compliance of the environmental parameters of the unit to the European norms.
On the site of CJSC “Nevskiy Zavod” is built a high–technology test bed to perform mechanical, thermotechnical and research tests of gas turbine units, to check the GTU readiness for shipment and operation. The annual testing program provides for 20 units per year.
- to verify the correctness of the GTU manufacture and assembly;
- to check the interaction of assemblies in the test bed conditions and compliance of the GTU with the GTU Technical Specification for supply;
- to verify the GTU mechanical and thermo-technical characteristics;
- research tests in accordance with internal procedures.